Test-fitting front-axle and engine placement

This weekend I put the engine, transmission and transfer case into the frame for test fitting. To make sure the brackets fit, I put the body back on as well. Here you can see the front axle in place to check interference. Once I verified everything would fit I removed the body, burned in the front brackets and got to work on new mounts for the transfer case. You can see in the last picture that the transfer case is clocked up flat and now has a new rear output for matching to the new driveshaft. I found Neapco makes a new one-ton CV joint and attachment for that plate and the local driveshaft guru is making one up as we speak.

This entry was posted in Jeep. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *