Finishing upgrades

I finished the front axle, made a better tie-rod and drag-link from DOM tube and 1-ton tie-rod ends. I also made a torque arm from two points on the rear axle to a shackle under the skid plate. I also pulled the 700R4 which was slipping pretty bad and replaced it with a TH350 and NP205 transfer case. This required new driveshafts but that is ok as I moved the front axle an inch or so forward and the rear axle back about one and a half inches. I built some rather cheesy front shock hoops, hopefully they hold. We got some foam pads and seat covers for the plastic seats as well. I really should need some kind of spare tire carrier as well. I hope to go wheeling several times this year to try out the new version of the jeep.

This entry was posted in Jeep. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *